The article reveals the issues related to the regulatory and legal framework of territorial defense in modern conditions. The article shows the changes in the legislation of the state, which expanded the composition of the forces and assets involved in the implementation of territorial defense measures and determined the creation of new bodies, powers and responsibility for the preparation and implementation of the tasks set. According to the article, at present, the emergence and escalation of military threats to the national security of the state is characterized by an essential convergence of external and internal dangers. To implement these threats, subversive forces will use crisis situations that are objectively existing in the country. Moreover, the author finds out that all necessary measures will be taken and all the necessary forces will be used, including direct intervention, so that these situations can not be resolved. We are witnessing how this approach is being implemented in practice in various regions of the world. Events in the Middle East and Ukraine are the brightest examples. The role of the National Guard of Russia’s units and bodies in realizing the goals of territorial defense is also disclosed.
DOWNLOAD PRINTED VERSION (IN RUSSIAN)
1. On the troops of the national guard of the Russian Federation: feder. law of July 3, 2016, No. 226-FZ [O vojskah nacional'noj gvardii Rossijskoj Federacii: feder. zakon ot 3 iyulya 2016 g. № 226-FZ]. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/71433920/ (accessed Feb. 27 2018).
2. On defense: feder. law of 31 May 1996 No. 61-FZ. (as amended on 26 July 2017) [Ob oborone: feder. zakon ot 31 maya 1996 g. № 61-FZ (s izm. ot 26 iyulya 2017 g.)] Available at: http://base.garant.ru/135907/ (accessed Feb. 27 2018).
3. The Military Doctrine of the Russian Federation (approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation on December 25, 2014 No. Pr-2976) [Voennaya doktrina Rossijskoj Federacii (utv. Ukazom Prezidenta Ros. Federacii ot 25 dek. 2014 g. № Pr-2976)]. Available at: https://www.rg.ru/2014/12/30/doktrina-dok.html (accessed Feb. 27 2018).
4. The National Security Strategy of the Russian Federation (approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of December 31, 2015, No. 683) [Strategiya nacional'noj bezopasnosti Rossijskoj Federacii (utv. Ukazom Prezidenta Ros. Federacii ot 31 dek. 2015 g. № 683)]. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/71296054/ (accessed Feb. 27 2018).
5. The Provision on the Territorial Defense of the Russian Federation (approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 482 of July 1, 2014) [Polozhenie o territorial'noj oborone Rossijskoj Federacii (utv. Ukazom Prezidenta Ros. Federacii ot 1 iyulya 2014 g. № 482)]. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/71296054/. (accessed Feb. 27 2018).
6. History of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union [Istoriya Kommunisticheskoj partii Sovetskogo Soyuza]. T. 5. Book. 1. Moscow: Politizdat.1970. 723 p.
7. State security in the Great Patriotic War [Organy gosudarstvennoj bezopasnosti v Velikoj Otechestvennoj vojne]. T. 2. Book. 1. Moscow: Russia. 2000. 724 p.
8. RSASPH [RGASPI]. F. 644. Op. 1. J. 1. L. 260.